A one-day event which will ensure that member hospices are aware of the impact that General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) will have on the way member hospices deal with data and communications with staff, patients and supporters.
Aims of the workshop
The programme will:
- position GDPR against current data protection law
- introduce the main features of GDPR
- help delegates build a compliance plan
- use case studies to assist Fundraising and Clinical staff to identify the challenges of the new legislation and their everyday work.
By the end of the workshop you will
- understand the principles and rules of GDPR
- understand how to start to construct a compliance plan for their organisation
- understand how ‘legitimate interest’ and the ‘right to be forgotten’ will impact on communications with your supporters.
For more information download the draft programme.
Kitty Rosser, Associate - Intellectual Property, Birketts LLP
Kitty is a data protection specialist in the corporate and commercial department.
She advises on all aspects of data protection compliance including subject access requests, marketing strategies, handling of data breaches (including responding to complaints by individuals and handling ICO investigations), data transfers, preparation and implementation of policies and procedures.
As a recognised expert in the field, Kitty regularly speaks on data protection matters at conferences and events and has appeared on radio and television programs. Her articles and guidance notes are published by local and business newspapers as well as trade journals.
Kitty's commercial background affords her an excellent insight into the role and importance of data assets to the wider business.
Who should attend
Any member of hospice staff who uses or is responsible for data.
|Date & time
||18 October; registration 9.30 to start at 10.00am - 4pm
||Woburn House Conference Centre
20 Tavistock Square London WC1H 9HQ
Tel 020 7419 5571
||£110.00 ex VAT (£132.00 total)
||This event is only open to Members and subscribers of Hospice UK