Giving feedback and coaching others is a key skill that allows you to develop capability and build capacity in others. it’s an approach which allows you to both support and challenge your team members, your peers and your manager so that everyone grows and learns. Your opportunity is to confidently help others to ‘up their game’ so that you can devote time to those activities which add most value to your work.
This two-day workshop run for a group of 12 participants will provide you with the tools to be an effective leader. The session will be divided into one day with a follow-up day 8 weeks later. It is only open to members of Hospice UK.
What will the workshop include?
The workshop consists of two full-day sessions and one-hour webinar with the group and facilitator to share your experiences. You are encouraged to use the techniques learned and then build on them in the second workshop.
Day 1: Developing feedback skills
• Understanding the difference between feedback and coaching
• Learning a feedback process (iSCAN) that reduces personal pressure
• Developing your feedback skills to support the process efficiently and effectively
• Building personal confidence as you give feedback
Day 2: Developing coaching skills
• Understanding the difference between coaching, counselling and mentoring
• Using the GROW coaching model
• Reviewing coaching skills to make the process more efficient and effective
• Building personal confidence and self-belief in your coaching
By the end of this workshop you will have
• understood the benefits and impact of effective coaching /feedback for you and others
• understood best practice for giving feedback and coaching others
• learned and used a practical framework for both skills
• developed the core skills for giving feedback and coaching
• understood why some people will never respond to feedback or coaching
• given and received peer feedback on what you do well and what could be better
• built your confidence manage difficult situations more effectively
Facilitator - Dr Jill Collett
As a Chartered member of the British Psychological Society, Jill works with leaders and high potentials to create positive, motivated individuals and teams that excel at what they do. By increasing self-awareness and knowledge in her clients, she challenges them to create organizational cultures in which performance moves from good to excellent.
Her style is open, informal and cordial. She takes a resourceful and innovative approach to get the very best out of the people she engages with. She has a deep conviction that grounded leadership and open communication are essential to excellence and sustainability in every organization.
Jill works with a range of professional skills including psychometrics, coaching, design and implementation of competency frameworks and performance management systems, workshops and master classes on management and leadership, as well as the use of Appreciative Inquiry to encourage team based conversations. Jill works across a range of sectors.
Who should attend?
This workshop is aimed at team leaders and heads of service in any function (clinical, fundraising, support services, etc.). It is suitable for anyone whose job involves managing other people. This workshop is only open to members of Hospice UK.
||Day one 25 January 2018
Day two 15 March 2018
one-hour webinar 27 February 2018
Hospice UK, 34-44 Britannia Street, London, WC1X 9JG
||£300.00 ex. VAT (£360 inc. VAT) individual contribution towards the cost as it has been subsidised
||To gain maximum benefit from the workshop you should attend all components