Hospice UK Retail Awards -nominations now closed
The Hospice UK Retail Awards are a fantastic way to showcase and share the amazing work taking place across the UK in hospice retail.
All Hospice nominations must meet core eligibility criteria:
- Entries and nominations are open to all members of Hospice UK, whether full or associate members.
- Your nomination must relate to the 12 months up to December 2016.
Nominations are now closed and the awards will be presented at the Hospice UK Retail Conference on the 27 April 2017.
Hospice Retail Team of the Year
This award aims to recognise the staff, including support staff, and volunteers who have driven your hospice retail forward.
In your application you should outline:
- Based on your 2015/16 annual accounts show profitability increases. (1 point)
- Decrease in annual operating costs. (1 point)
- Increase in recruitment and retention of volunteers. (1 point)
- How you are attracting donations. (1 point)
- How you are reducing the amount sent for waste disposal. (1 point)
- Innovative practices which compliment existing retail income generation. (5 points)
Hospice Specialist Retail outlet of the Year
Hospice retail encompasses a variety of specialist outlets: wedding dresses, furniture, coffee shops. What makes yours stand out?
Your application should cover:
- Why the specialism was chosen including location, stock and market research. (2 points)
- How the layout and décor of the store to compliment the specialism came about. (2 points)
- How the specialism has been marketed and any special events that have attracted custom. (3 points)
- What difference has the specialist store made to your hospice retail portfolio. (3 points)
In order that smaller operations can enter at least 70% of floor space should be dedicated to the specialism.
Hospice Retail Volunteer of the Year
Hospice Retail relies on an army of volunteers who give hours of their time to make sure hospice shops remain open and thriving. Nominate a volunteer who exemplifies all that is good about volunteering.
Your nomination should cover:
- Has made a measurable difference to the shop where they volunteer. (4 points)
- Has demonstrated the ethos of your hospice in the way they deliver service. (4 points)
- Have overcome special difficulties or circumstances in order to volunteer. (2 points)
Most unusual item donated to a Hospice Shop
Donations come in all shapes and sizes. Have you got something ‘special’ sitting on a shelf that is unusual, unattractive or you just do not know what it is?
To enter please send a photograph and brief description of the item to Elizabeth by 31 March 2017 by 5pm. Entries will then be whittled down to a short list with items exhibited at the Retail Conference with the winner determined by public vote.
Nominations are now closed
Nominations for the awards are now closed. The winners of the awards will be announced and presented at the Hospice UK Retail Conference on the 27 April 2017. Winners will be featured in spring editions of ehospice.
Take a look back at the winners from our past award ceremonies.
Please email Elizabeth Palfreman for further information.