Hospice UK congratulates hospice trustees, volunteers and other supporters of hospice care recognised in the Queen’s Birthday Honours lists 2015.
- Mrs Moira Elizabeth Rennie, Co-President, Rennie Grove Hospice Care. For services to Patients with Life Limiting Illnesses.(Dornoch, Sutherland) [MBE]
- Jeremy Hobbs For services to charity, especially Compton Hospice in Wolverhampton, West Midlands. (Shropshire, West Midlands) [BEM].
- Shirley Franklin, a volunteer at the Saint Catherine’s shop in Driffield for almost 25 years [MBE].
Commenting on the honours lists, David Praill, Chief Executive of Hospice UK, said
“We congratulate everyone recognised in the Queen’s Birthday Honours this year, who include hospice staff and volunteers, as well as individuals who have helped raise vital funds for hospice care.
“It is wonderful to see such a range of people - who have tirelessly supported the hospice sector and its work caring for terminally ill people and their families – receive this recognition for their hard work."
The full honours list is available on the gov.uk website.
Notes to Editor
- Hospice UK is the national charity for hospice care and the only membership body for organisations providing hospice care. We support and champion the work of more than 200 of these organisations across the UK.
- Hospices, and other organisations which provide hospice care, offer vital care for people with terminal or life-limiting conditions and also support their families and carers.
- For further information about hospice care follow us on Twitter @hospiceukPA.
- Get all the latest news from the hospice and palliative care sector, as well as patient stories, on ehospice UK at: www.ehospice.com/uk This service is managed by Hospice UK. You can also follow ehospice news on Twitter at @ehospicenews.