Strengthen the leadership of hospice care
In 2015-2016 we:
- Informed and built the understanding of 17 hospice boards of the changing national context of hospice care to drive the services they are able to offer.
- Worked with the Care Quality Commission to ensure the regulatory framework in England recognises the quality of hospice care, and trained their inspectors.
- Worked with Public Health England and NHS England to ensure better understanding of needs for 24/7 care, and raised confidence in the knowledge and expertise available at Hospice UK.
- Facilitated peer support and skills exchange among hospice clinical leaders, and identified some creative solutions to key workforce issues and the need for a new network for HR directors.
- Provoked hospice leaders to explore the drivers and symptoms of crisis, how to recognise early signs and what action needs to be taken to mitigate risks.
- Enhanced trustees’ understanding and application of good governance through the launching of a new Board Development Programme in partnership with CASS Business School.
- Ran a series of webinars to help hospices learn about the concepts and practices needed to build a resilient and motivated workforce.
- Shared thinking and debated issues through a portfolio of masterclasses. 202 delegates have refreshed knowledge and benefited from new thinking, and explored key governance issues facing hospices.
- Launched a new Strategic Leadership Programme supporting hospice leaders to navigate complex challenges of the future.
See how we have strengthened the connection between hospices and their local health and social care systems and their local communities >>