Empowering a strong, dynamic and responsive hospice sector
We must continue to push boundaries, to challenge and provoke and constantly develop and evolve services, partnerships and networks in order to reach and support more people.
How we are making a difference
Effective leadership and good governance
Over the last year we:
- awarded bursaries of £4,000 each to 12 hospice students to do the Cass MSc in Voluntary Sector Management;
- ran nine masterclasses as part of our Good Governance Programme and published eight Good Practice Guides to help hospice trustees and senior staff ensure their organisations can survive and thrive in turbulent and challenging times;
- developed our Peering Over the Precipice Toolkit to support trustees and hospice teams to identify signs of decline and take actions to prevent a crisis.
Demonstrating the outcomes and impact of hospice care
- run workshops and events, including two conferences, to support and increasing the understanding and uptake of the OACC palliative care outcome measures;
- created a new dedicated online forum to enable staff from hospices and other organisations to learn from each other, share experience and develop their Community of Practice.
Building capacity, skills and expertise