Hospice UK’s newest corporate supporter has ‘gone yellow’ to celebrate the launch of their new partnership with Hospice UK.
Carillion, a leading integrated support services company, will see staff at offices and sites across the UK wearing yellow, having yellow bake sales and decorating their work places this week to kick off the two-year partnership. Over this time Carillion will be helping Hospice UK to champion hospice care across the country, as well as working with hospices local to them though fundraising events, volunteering and skill-sharing.
To kick start the partnership, Carillion has donated £20,000 to Hospice UK which is already being put to good use. The money is being used to fund an ‘Influencing locally’ toolkit – this new resource is a roadmap to help local hospices ensure that the needs of people with terminal or life-limiting conditions, and hospice care, are on the agenda of local decision-makers.
Launching the partnership, Carillion Chief Executive Richard Howson said:
“Hospices across the UK provide a vital service to their local communities and have touched the lives of many people at Carillion whose family members, friends and colleagues have needed their care and support.
“Carillion has a long history of working with charities and I am sure that this will be a really successful partnership which will help hospices to continue to provide their essential care.”
Commenting on the launch of Carillion and Hospice UK’s new partnership, Tracey Bleakley, Chief Executive at Hospice UK, said:
“Working with Carillion is an amazing opportunity and one that we could not be more grateful for, or more excited about launching.
“Hospices deliver a wide range of care and support to people with terminal and life-limiting illnesses, and their families. This can be delivered at in-patient units but hospices also take their expertise into people’s homes and local communities. Through fundraising, volunteering and skill-sharing this partnership will mean so much to hospice care and the families that hospices support during difficult times.”
Notes to editor
- Hospice UK is the national charity for hospice care and the only membership body for organisations providing hospice care. We support and champion the work of more than 200 of these organisations across the UK.
- Hospices, and other organisations which provide hospice care, offer vital care for people with terminal or life-limiting conditions and also support their families and carers.
- For further information about hospice care follow us on Twitter @hospiceukPA.
- Get all the latest news from the hospice and palliative care sector, as well as patient stories, on ehospice UK. This service is managed by Hospice UK. You can also follow ehospice news on Twitter at @ehospicenews.
Please contact Stephen Clark on 020 7520 8224 or by email at email@example.com. For out of hours media enquiries please call 07881 940 318.
Carillion is a leading integrated support services company with a substantial portfolio of Public Private Partnership projects and extensive construction capabilities. The Group had annual revenue in 2014 of some £4.1 billion, employs around 46,000 people and operates across the UK, in the Middle East and Canada.
The Group has four business segments:
- Support services – this includes facilities management, facilities services, energy services, utility services, road maintenance, rail services and consultancy businesses in the UK, Canada and the Middle East.
- Public Private Partnership (PPP) projects – this includes investing activities in PPP projects for Government buildings and infrastructure, mainly in the Defence, Health, Education, Transport and Secure accommodation sectors.
- Middle East construction services – this includes building and civil engineering activities in the Middle East.
- Construction services (excluding the Middle East) – this includes building, civil engineering and developments activities in the UK and construction activities in Canada.