Will you take part in Dry January?

In the lead up to the London Marathon, we know that many of you will be planning to ditch the booze in order to help prepare your body for this epic challenge. If this is the case, you might be interested to hear that Hospice UK is going to be partnering with Alcohol Concern for Dry January...
Will you give it up for hospice care as you train for the London Marathon?

What is Dry January?

Dry January is an annual awareness campaign encouraging people to give up booze for January. Last year, 5 million Brits got involved!

Why should I take part in Dry January?

There's a number of reasons...
  1. Taking a break from alcohol can make you feel healthier and happier! 
  2. More money in your pocket
  3. Get closer to reaching your London Marathon fundraising target

What? How will Dry January help me reach my marathon fundraising target?

All you have to do is convince a friend or family member to sign up to take part, and to set up a Virgin Money Giving page to raise money for Hospice UK. 

80% of the money they raise will come to Hospice UK, and will be counted towards your London Marathon fundraising target. The other 20% will go to Alcohol Concern, the charity working to end the harm caused by alcohol.

Sounds great! How do I sign up and get my friends involved too?


If you're a London Marathon runner

  1. Click here to sign up, or if you're on a mobile device, click on this link: https://portal.cyberliver.com/dryjanuary/signup
  2. Enter all your details as requested during the sign up process, which should take no longer than 5 minutes.
  3. Direct people to your already existing London Marathon fundraising page
  4. Let us know if you're taking part.

For friends and families of London Marathon runners

  1. Click here to sign up, or if you're on a mobile device, click on this link: https://portal.cyberliver.com/dryjanuary/signup
  2. Enter all your details as requested during the sign up process, which should take no longer than 5 minutes.
  3. Follow the links during the registration process to create a fundraising page through Virgin Money Giving. Don't forget to select Hospice UK as your charity!
  4. Already signed up but haven't got a fundraising page? Head to http://bit.ly/DryJanHUK and set one up in minutes.
  5. Email us to let us know that you're taking part to help your friend reach their London Marathon target. It is essential that you do this, otherwise we can't add your fundraising to their overall total.

Additional information

  • Tell your friends! Encourage them to sign up, or get them to sponsor you.
  • Download the Dry January app - for iOS devices, or Android.
  • Follow Hospice UK on social media for news, updates and information throughout Dry January - we're on FacebookTwitter, and Instagram.
Good luck! You'll receive regular support emails from Alcohol Concern with tips, tricks and information, and you can download the free app to help track your progress.
Sign up for Dry January
Main Dry January logo

What does hospice care mean to you?