This one-day conference for health and social care practitioners in all settings, will focus on the different Advance Care Planning needs, challenges and solutions in different populations and settings. It will share good practice, tools, innovation and how people can work together to plan and deliver care to patients and their families.
The conference will include a performance of the award winning play Homeward Bound, followed by a discussion with the performers and Lesley Goodburn.
The conference aims to
- Explore some of the needs, challenges and solutions of Advance Care Planning in different populations and settings.
- Share and discuss examples of national and regional good practice initiatives’ supporting information exchange and practice across settings.
- Consider the relevance to your own practice and setting.
- Dr Lara Alloway, Consultant in Palliative Medicine and Dr Carl Brookes, Consultant Cardiologist, Hampshire Hospitals NHS Foundation Trust
- Brian Daniels, Actor and Playwright
- Lesley Goodburn,Patient Experience Specialist
- Dr Isky Gordon
- Fiona Murphy, To Swan or Not To Swan
- Dr Michelle Myall Senior Research Fellow - NIHR CLAHRC Wessex
- Dr Steve Plenderleith, Consultant in Palliative Medicine, the Rowans Hospice
- Dr Sarah Russell, Head of Research and Clinical Innovation, Hospice UK
Who should attend?
Health and social care professionals, trustees and volunteers across all settings and from all sectors, engaged in palliative and end of life care.
||19 October 2017
||9.30 registration for 9.45 start to 4pm
||The Ark Centre, Dinwoodie Drive, Basingstoke, Hampshire. RG24 9NN
|| £60.00 ex VAT (Total £72.00)
||Open to anyone regardless of whether members / non-members of Hospice UK and NCPC subscribers.
For more details download the flyer or the draft programme.