Be part of the world’s most famous marathon, and run 26.2 miles to raise money for hospice care!
From Blackheath to The Mall, runners pass some of the capital’s most iconic landmarks, including the Cutty Sark, London Eye, Canary Wharf and the Tower of London. It is the crowds that make the Virgin Money London Marathon special, and the atmosphere on race day is electric!
Hospice UK charity place
We're no longer taking charity place applications for the 2018 Virgin Money London Marathon. We hope that you will consider joining us for another event in the future.
Got your own place?
If you're successful in securing your own place through the ballot or if you have a Good for Age place, we would love for you to join our team as an own place runner. Simply complete our online application form, making sure to select the ‘own place’ option. You can set your own fundraising target and raise money to support hospices across the UK.
We will support you by providing:
- a fundraising pack full of ideas and fundraising materials to help with your activities
- regular team newsletters
- a Hospice UK running vest and letters
- dedicated point of contact in our Events Team
- pre-marathon breakfast and escort to the starting area
- support from noisy cheer points along the route
- sports massage and hot meal at the Hospice UK post-race celebration.