'Non profit leaders need to recognise that the board Chair-chief relationship is an important and powerful resource that can be leveraged in support of the organisation's mission. They need to promote and engage in dialogue about how best to develop and nurture the relationship. Chairs and chief executives should focus on their relationship recognising that building the relationship is an important component of their work together.'
Mary Hilland, 'The Board Chair-Chief Executive Relationship: Dynamics that Create Value for Nonprofit Organisations' OD Practitioner vol 47 NO. 1 2015
In this one-day masterclass, we will create a safe and positive space in which to:
- Explore what helps achieve an effective Chair/CEO relationship and how this adds value to the hospice as a whole.
- Consider approached to nurture the relationship at each stage of its life-cycle.
- Explore your relationship to consider what you need from it, what you put into it, and how you will continuously review and rebalance in order to ensure future success.
By the end of the programme participants will have
- A jointly developed plan to nurture and maximise the value of the relationship over the next twelve months.
- An agreement about how you will keep 'checking in' and taking the temperature of the relationship, and what you will do if things ever become difficult between you.
- Tools and approached for ensuring the combined value of the partnership is felt across the hospice.
Caroline Copeman and/or James Barrett, Consultants, Centre for Charity Effectiveness, Cass Business School (Cass CCE).
Who should attend?
Chairs and chief executives of member hospices. This masterclass is only open to members of Hospice UK.
| 9.30 registration for a 10am start to 4pm
|£300.00 ex VAT (£360 inc VAT) for each Chair-CEO pair. Open to members of Hospice UK only
|Hospice Chairs and chief Executives attend this masterclass together.
If you have any queries relating to your booking, please contact Amber Morgan