This event is now fully booked. Please register interest to be added to the waiting list.
A one-day interactive workshop event that focuses on sharing the latest innovations and learning from implementing Rehabilitative approaches in palliative care practice. The event follows on from the launch of the Hospice UK publication on Rehabilitative Palliative Care in 2015. We'll be showcasing and disseminating learning from hospice rehabilitative initiatives such as those supported by the 2016 St James Place funding, alongside other innovative projects in the wider palliative care field.
By exploring in detail interdisciplinary rehab initiatives from across the UK – highlighting successes, challenges, what works, what doesn’t, we'll focus on understanding and unpicking the ‘why’ so that our shared learning can go on to shape future rehabilitative palliative care practice. The day will inform a brief e-update paper for UK Hospices.
With panel discussion, spaces for reflection, constructive challenge, and insights from participants, find out more about the day by downloading the draft programme.
The day will focus on:
• Leading a Rehabilitative Culture Change: integrated nursing and AHP leadership roles in community and outpatient settings
• Innovative Hospice Rehabilitation Roles – the interplay between professional identity and culture - from volunteers through to Rehabilitation Nurses
• Rehabilitative Palliative Care (RPC) as a public health approach - findings from action research in the hospice inpatient setting
• Evidencing rehabilitative impact: unpicking the value and challenges of goal setting and outcomes in practice
• Inter-professional communication in the inpatient setting – a research model for effective integrated practice
By the end of the event participants will be able to
• Identify at least three elements critical to the successful implementation of Rehabilitative Palliative Care in practice
• Understand what factors can contribute to Rehabilitative Palliative Care initiatives being less effective and why
• Identify at least two key actions they will take back to their work place to shape Rehabilitative Palliative Care practice
Sally Boa, Head of Palliative Care Education, Research and Practice Development, Strathcarron Hospice, Scotland
Olivia Beeney-Bennett, Wellbeing Team Leader/Registered Nurse, St Wilfred’s Hospice, Eastbourne
Karen Clarke, Chief Executive, St Michael’s Hospice, Hastings
Heather Richardson, Joint Chief Executive, St Christopher's, London
Rebecca Tiberini, Director of Wellbeing Services, St Michaels Hospice, Hastings
Who should attend?
Palliative Care professionals, AHPs, nurses, wider MDT with interest in rehabilitative palliative care.
||6 June 2019
||Registration 9.00 am with start of 9.30. Finish 4.30 pm
34-44 Britannia Street,
||£110.00 plus VAT (£132.00 including VAT)
|Who can attend?
||Members and subscribers of Hospice UK only
For more information contact Ruth Reid, Courses and Conferences Manager
or contact Amber Morgan Programmes Coordinator
with any queries relating to registration.