Thank you for your interest in running for Hospice UK. We have now filled all our places and are no longer taking applications or any additional information in support of your application.
From Blackheath to The Mall, runners pass some of the capital’s most iconic landmarks, including the Cutty Sark, London Eye, Canary Wharf and the Tower of London. It is the crowds that make the Virgin Money London Marathon special, and the atmosphere on race day is electric!
Secured a ballot place?
If were one of the lucky ones and have secured your own place through the ballot or if you have a Good for Age place, we would love for you to join our team as an own place runner and raise money for hospice care.
Simply complete our online application form, making sure to select the ‘own place’ option. You can set your own fundraising target and raise money to support hospices across the UK.
We will support you by providing:
- a Hospice UK running vest and letters to personalise it
- pre-marathon breakfast and escort to the starting area
- support from noisy cheer points along the route
- sports massage and hot meal at the Hospice UK post-race celebration
- regular team e-newsletters
- discounts from top sports brands
- support from our London Marathon Facebook group
- competition in our Strava Club
- a dedicated Team Captain from our Events Team
- a fundraising pack full of ideas and fundraising materials to help with your activities
We are also looking for a dedicated team of volunteer Specathletes (professional spectator-athletes) to create the electric atmosphere that makes the #TeamHospcieUK's cheer points all that they are! So if running isn't your thing you can sign up
join the loudest cheer points on route!
Watch #TeamHospiceUK 2019's race day of a life time...