From Blackheath to The Mall, runners pass some of the capital’s most iconic landmarks, including the Cutty Sark, London Eye, Canary Wharf and the Tower of London. It is the crowds that make the Virgin Money London Marathon special, and the atmosphere on race day is electric!
Hospice UK charity place
Be part of the world’s most famous marathon, and run 26.2 miles to raise money for hospice care!
If you would like to join our team for the 2020 Virgin Money London Marathon then simply apply today, making sure to select the 'charity place' option on our online application form.
Why not use our helpful guide to ensure your application is the very best it can possibly be, increasing your chances of securing one of our charity places!
Got your own place?
If you're successful in securing your own place through the ballot or if you have a Good for Age place, we would love for you to join our team as an own place runner and raise money for hospice care.
Simply complete our online application form, making sure to select the ‘own place’ option. You can set your own fundraising target and raise money to support hospices across the UK.
We will support you by providing:
- a Hospice UK running vest and letters to personalise it
- pre-marathon breakfast and escort to the starting area
- support from noisy cheer points along the route
- sports massage and hot meal at the Hospice UK post-race celebration
- regular team e-newsletters
- discounts from top sports brands
- support from our London Marathon Facebook group
- competition in our Strava Club
- a dedicated Team Captain from our Events Team
- a fundraising pack full of ideas and fundraising materials to help with your activities
Watch the past Team Hospice UK's
race day of a life time. Team 2019's video coming soon!