Young Volunteer of the Year
The Young Volunteer of the Year award is given in recognition of a dedicated young volunteer (aged 20 or under) who has demonstrated outstanding commitment to their local hospice or palliative care organisation, contributing energy, skills and time.
We'll be announcing our winners on Thursday 23 November at 5.10pm - follow our Facebook page for a live video stream!
The nomination form will ask you to structure your nomination by stating clearly why the person is being nominated, their age, length of time they have been volunteering and the impact of their commitment.
General criteria and guidance
- Nominate by completing the Young Volunteer of the Year Award nomination form.
- Nominations may include supporting information such as relevant literature, media coverage, etc. Extra information should be e-mailed to email@example.com clearly identifying which nomination it refers to
- Each nomination will be judged by a panel appointed by Hospice UK.
- Each category will have a winner, with no runners up.
- Full Members and Subscribers of Hospice UK are eligible to nominate individuals.
- No one employed by Hospice UK may enter the awards.
- In certain circumstances, if the standard of nominations is considered not high enough, the judges may elect not to make a particular award.
- The closing date for nominations in all categories is 27 September 2017.
- The decision of the judges is final and no correspondence can be entered into.