This conference was hosted by two of the networks which Hospice UK supports - Executive Clinical Leads in Hospice & Palliative Care, (ECliHP) and the recently launched network for Strategic Human Resource and Workforce Leads (SHaWL).
By bringing together two key professional groups within the sector the aim is to build a strong and dynamic workforce through joint working.
The purpose of this first joint event was:
- to appreciate the opportunities and challenges of key national policy and workforce reforms and how this will affect delivery of care
- to consider the human factors and what matters when supporting those involved in a traumatic and tragic work-based incident
- via a practical session to learn how to harness your personal qualities, build your communication skills and influence with success.
Confirmed speakers were:
- Jonathan Ellis, Director of Policy and Advocacy at Hospice UK
- Joy Milliken, Clinical Director and Hilary McKegney, Governance Director, St Margaret's Hospice, Somerset
- Jane Hadfield, National Programme Manager, Talent for Care (Degree Apprenticeships)
- Dr Heather Richardson, Joint Chief Executive, St Christopher’s
- Jessica Pryce-Jones, Chair and Founder of the iOpener Institute
You can also download the programme from the day.
Members of ECLiHP and those with responsibility for workforce development or working in Human Resources, which includes members of SHaWL. For more information on SHaWL read the ehospice article celebrating its launch.
Presentations from the day will be available to download shortly.
ECLiHP 2016 conference resources
For more information about the conference last year download a summary of the conference or the programme for the day. You can also visit our resource centre to find more presentations from the conference, as well as the key messages from the conference, captured magnificently by Mary Duggan, a graphic artist.
Past ECLiHP conference resources
You can also download and view a selection of resources from past ECLiHP conferences.