This one-day conference, developed with SHaWL, the national network for HR in hospices, is aimed at HR staff in hospices. It provides an opportunity to inform and inspire thinking on leadership from the grassroots up and building a healthy professional mindset to enhance work relationships as well as finding out what’s on the horizon in employment law.
Delegates will also have the chance to network with colleagues across regions and meet SHaWL members. The conference is comprised of interactive and facilitated plenary sessions and opportunities for peer-to-peer networking and includes a session which celebrates best practice in hospice HR teams.
For more information, download the draft programme.
Hospice UK are pleased to offer delegates the chance to win one of four free places to the CIPD Annual Conference and Exhibition in Manchester on 6 and 7 November; kindly given by the CIPD. All delegates will be entered into a prize draw to win a free 2 day place at the event. The terms of the prize draw are:
- Only named conference delegates employed by Members of Hospice UK will be entered into the prize draw
- The prize is one free two day place for the CIPD Annual Conference and Exhibition in Manchester on the 6 and 7 of November
- Prize winners should make their own arrangements and meet their own cost for travel and subsistence to the CIPD Annual Conference. Costs incurred will not be reimbursed by the CIPD or Hospice UK
- Hospice UK will provide the name, job title and contact details of winners to the CIPD who will provide details of how to claim the free place
- If a conference delegate is not able to attend the CIPD conference the place must be taken up by one member of employed hospice staff at their hospice
- Winners will be notified by email in the w/c 22 September 2019
- If a delegate wins but later cancels their conference place they will become ineligible for a prize
- There is no cash alternative
- Hospice UK staff are not eligible
By the end of the event, attendees will:
• improve professional wellbeing and self care which will enhance work relationships
•gain access to tools, tips and resources on how to build a culture which includes thoughtful leadership throughout the organisation
• benefit from for peer-to-peer networking by meeting SHaWL reps and other professionals in the sector
Owen O’Kane, Author of "Ten to Zen"
Tom Parkes, Partner, Keelys LLP Solicitors
Emma Hodges, Group Chief Executive, St. Giles Hospice
Anita Hayes, Head of Learning & Workforce, Hospice UK
Phil Wilcox, Founder of Emotion at Work
Dr Julie Davies, Reader, Manchester Metropolitan University Business School and Dr Frances McGregor, Senior Lecturer in HR Management, Huddersfield Business School
Who should attend?
Hospice HR staff at all levels and anyone providing HR support (including smaller hospices with no HR function).
This event is only open to members and subscribers of Hospice UK.
||9:15am registration for 9:45am start; 4:15pm finish
||DoubleTree by Hilton Coventry, Paradise Way , Walsgrave Triangle, COVENTRY, CV2 2ST
||£150 ex VAT (total £180)
A limited number of hotel rooms are available to book at an additional cost for the night of Monday 30 September (on a bed and breakfast, single occupancy basis). The cost is £120 inc VAT. A credit card will be required to guarantee booking/s.
To book call 02476 603000 and quote AHOSA. Rooms will be released four weeks before the conference.
There are other hotels in the area which may be cheaper.
||This event is only open to Members and subscribers of Hospice UK
To register, click on the register button.
Registration will be open until Friday 20th September. If you have any queries concerning registration please do not hesitate to contact Laura Mathisen
There are a limited number of opportunities to exhibit at this conference. For more information or for an informal discussion, contact Lynsey Howard, Business Development Manager – Commercial.