This event is now closed. Thank you to all attendees.
About the event
This one-day conference, developed with SHaWL, the national network for HR in hospices, was aimed at HR staff in hospices. It provided an opportunity to inform and inspire thinking on leadership from the grassroots up and built upon a healthy professional mind-set to enhance work relationships as well as finding out what was on the horizon in employment law.
Delegates also had the chance to network with colleagues across regions and met SHaWL members. The conference was comprised of interactive and facilitated plenary sessions and offered opportunities for peer-to-peer networking.
The final programme can be found here.
Hospice UK was pleased to offer delegates the chance to win one of four free places to the CIPD Annual Conference and Exhibition in Manchester on 6 and 7 November; kindly donated by the CIPD. Congratulations to our four winners! All delegates who attend conference were entered into a prize draw to win a free 2 day place at the event. The terms of the prize draw are:
- Only named conference delegates employed by Members of Hospice UK will be entered into the prize draw
- The prize is one free two day place for the CIPD Annual Conference and Exhibition in Manchester on the 6 and 7 of November
- Prize winners should make their own arrangements and meet their own cost for travel and subsistence to the CIPD Annual Conference. Costs incurred will not be reimbursed by the CIPD or Hospice UK
- Hospice UK will provide the name, job title and contact details of winners to the CIPD who will provide details of how to claim the free place
- If a conference delegate is not able to attend the CIPD conference the place must be taken up by one member of employed hospice staff at their hospice
- Winners will be notified at the Hospice UK HR conference
- If a delegate wins but later cancels their conference place they will become ineligible for a prize
- There is no cash alternative
- Hospice UK staff are not eligible
By the end of the event, attendees:
• improved professional wellbeing and self care which enhanced work relationships
•gained access to tools, tips and resources on how to build a culture which included thoughtful leadership throughout the organisation
• benefited from for peer-to-peer networking by meeting SHaWL reps and other professionals in the sector
Owen O’Kane, Author of "Ten to Zen"
Tom Parkes, Partner, Keelys LLP Solicitors
Emma Hodges, Group Chief Executive, St. Giles Hospice
Anita Hayes, Head of Learning & Workforce, Hospice UK
Phil Wilcox, Founder of Emotion at Work
Dr Julie Davies, Reader, Manchester Metropolitan University Business School and Dr Frances McGregor, Senior Lecturer in HR Management, Huddersfield Business School, Chris Newberry, HR Manager, Kirkwood Hospice
Hospice HR staff at all levels and anyone providing HR support (including smaller hospices with no HR function).
This event was only open to members and subscribers of Hospice UK.
||9:15am registration for 9:45am start; 4:15pm finish
||DoubleTree by Hilton Coventry, Paradise Way , Walsgrave Triangle, COVENTRY, CV2 2ST
||£150 ex VAT (total £180)
There were a number of limited spaces available for the night of 30 September 2019 for a cost of £120.
There were other hotels in the area which may have been cheaper.
||This event was only open to Members and subscribers of Hospice UK