This event is now full. If you'd like to attend please use the link to register your interest in attending. We're aiming to let people know the week of 16 September if there are any places available.
About the event
This one-day conference, developed with SHaWL, the national network for HR in hospices, is aimed at HR staff in hospices. It provides an opportunity to inform and inspire thinking on leadership from the grassroots up and building a healthy professional mind-set to enhance work relationships as well as finding out what’s on the horizon in employment law.
Delegates will also have the chance to network with colleagues across regions and meet SHaWL members. The conference is comprised of interactive and facilitated plenary sessions and offers opportunities for peer-to-peer networking.
For more information, download the draft programme.
Hospice UK are pleased to offer delegates the chance to win one of four free places to the CIPD Annual Conference and Exhibition in Manchester on 6 and 7 November; kindly donated by the CIPD. All delegates who attend conference will be entered into a prize draw to win a free 2 day place at the event. The terms of the prize draw are:
- Only named conference delegates employed by Members of Hospice UK will be entered into the prize draw
- The prize is one free two day place for the CIPD Annual Conference and Exhibition in Manchester on the 6 and 7 of November
- Prize winners should make their own arrangements and meet their own cost for travel and subsistence to the CIPD Annual Conference. Costs incurred will not be reimbursed by the CIPD or Hospice UK
- Hospice UK will provide the name, job title and contact details of winners to the CIPD who will provide details of how to claim the free place
- If a conference delegate is not able to attend the CIPD conference the place must be taken up by one member of employed hospice staff at their hospice
- Winners will be notified at the Hospice UK HR conference
- If a delegate wins but later cancels their conference place they will become ineligible for a prize
- There is no cash alternative
- Hospice UK staff are not eligible
By the end of the event, attendees will:
• improve professional wellbeing and self care which will enhance work relationships
•gain access to tools, tips and resources on how to build a culture which includes thoughtful leadership throughout the organisation
• benefit from for peer-to-peer networking by meeting SHaWL reps and other professionals in the sector
Owen O’Kane, Author of "Ten to Zen"
Tom Parkes, Partner, Keelys LLP Solicitors
Emma Hodges, Group Chief Executive, St. Giles Hospice
Anita Hayes, Head of Learning & Workforce, Hospice UK
Phil Wilcox, Founder of Emotion at Work
Dr Julie Davies, Reader, Manchester Metropolitan University Business School and Dr Frances McGregor, Senior Lecturer in HR Management, Huddersfield Business School
Who should attend?
Hospice HR staff at all levels and anyone providing HR support (including smaller hospices with no HR function).
This event is only open to members and subscribers of Hospice UK.
||9:15am registration for 9:45am start; 4:15pm finish
||DoubleTree by Hilton Coventry, Paradise Way , Walsgrave Triangle, COVENTRY, CV2 2ST
||£150 ex VAT (total £180)
There are still a limited number of hotel rooms available to book at an additional cost for the night of Monday 30 September (on a bed and breakfast, single occupancy basis). The cost is £120 inc VAT. A credit card will be required to guarantee booking/s. Should you wish to book accommodation, please contact Louise Stacey on (0)2476 603000 ext: 1006 no later than midday on Wednesday 18 September 2019.
There are other hotels in the area which may be cheaper.
||This event is only open to Members and subscribers of Hospice UK
Register your interest in attending
Our conference is now fully booked. To register your interest in attending conference, click on the register interest button.
We're aiming to let people know the week of 16 September if there are any places available. If you have any queries concerning registration please do not hesitate to contact Laura Mathisen
Exhibitor Opportunities - time is running out to book!
There are a very limited number of opportunities to exhibit remaining. For more information or for an informal discussion, contact Lynsey Howard, Business Development Manager – Commercial.