Date: 5 May 2022
Organised by: This is lead by Volunteers who are passionate about getting people talking, with support from Norfolk & Waveney Collaborative for Palliative and End of Life care and also Macmillan, who fund the venue
Email address: firstname.lastname@example.org
Address: The Forum, Millennium Plain, Norwich, Norfolk, NR2 1TF
Website URL of event: https://www.eventbrite.co.uk/e/dying-matters-tickets-278189090057
Death and Dying is a subject so many of us find hard to discuss but if we never have conversations around care, preferred place of death, type of funeral, how can our loved one's act in our best interests.
In the Atrium there will be over 25 stands, which will enable conversations on anything from care at home, pets as therapy, funeral planning, jewellery from ashes, along with our Death Cafe- an area to sit and chat.
We have 2 sets of talks supported by BLS interpreters, taking place down in the Auditorium.
The Morning Session will cover:
- Dementia and why early conversation are important,
- Butterfly Volunteers role,
- Complex Emotions around Suicide,
- The wider role of a Funeral Director
- The Little Boat on a Stormy Sea, a Video From Little Lifts about receiving a diagnosis.
The Afternoon Session will cover:
- ReSPECT from a paramedics perspective,
- Priscilla Bacon Hospice new build update,
- Probate and the wider role,
- Pets as Therapy,
- Financial planning.
The Gallery will also be hosting 3 workshops:
- 10am: Beverley Bulmer Leaving Gracefully - Lets Start Talking
- Midday: Jane Hannah Healthier Happier You - Put The Oxygen Mask On You First
- 2pm: Liz Gilmour Therapies - Relaxation Circle