Towergate Insurance has raised over £2 million for Help the Hospices.
Through its Charitable Foundation, set up in 2008, Towergate has funded the small grants programme, a bursary programme for those pursuing a Master’s in Hospice Leadership, a grants programme focussing on IT, and support for the National Care Support team at Help the Hospices. Towergate has been supporting the vital work of Help the Hospices since 2005.
In 2012 the Charitable Foundation concentrated on raising money to fund vital capital equipment which supported over 20 hospices across the UK. Grants ranging from £2,000 to £5,000 have been awarded for the purchase of clinical equipment such as syringe drivers, which enable pain relieving medication to be administered to hospice patients more efficiently.
Over the years, Towergate employees have pulled out all the stops to reach the £2m milestone. Fundraising ventures have included bikes rides, half marathons and accumulator challenges to name a few. The accumulator challenge saw local businesses given a £50 note and challenged to find innovative ways of gaining as much profit as possible, all for their local hospice.
Mark Hodges, Towergate Insurance Group CEO, said:
"I am incredibly proud of the fundraising efforts of our employees and customers. It’s an amazing achievement to have reached the £2million milestone. We all recognise the brilliant work Help the Hospices does and hope that our fundraising efforts have made a difference to the lives of patients and their families."
David Praill, Chief Executive of Help the Hospices, said:
"Towergate has been one of our most committed supporters for several years now, and to have reached this sum through fundraising is a fantastic achievement. On behalf of everyone here at Help the Hospices, I would like to thank Towergate’s employees for doing so much to support hospice care across the UK."
Notes to Editor
- About Towergate Insurance Charitable Foundation:
- For full information regarding the charities which benefit through the Towergate Charitable Foundation, please visit www.towergate.org.uk
- Towergate is committed to providing help and support to those in need. This belief led to the formation of the Towergate Charitable Foundation in 2008. The aim of the foundation is to provide support to key projects run by four partner charities; Cancer Research UK, Help the Hospices, ChildLine and Great Ormond Street Children’s Hospital.
- Help the Hospices is the UK’s leading charity for hospice care which supports and champions the work of over 200 hospices across the UK.
- We are the national voice for hospice care, we drive innovation and excellence and campaign on end of life care issues.