What we do
Our work supports the development of hospice care in the UK. By supporting hospice professionals, championing the voice of hospice care and promoting clinical excellence, we help hospice care providers to deliver the highest quality of care to people with life-limiting or terminal conditions and their families.
Hospice UK plays an important national role in:
- Supporting the breadth, dynamism and flexibility of the more than 200 hospices across the UK who care for over 200,000 adults and children every year
- Equipping those professionals with the knowledge, skills and expertise needed to deliver care in any setting, support their local communities and to work in partnership with others
- Improving the quality of all palliative and end of life care by sharing good practice, innovative solutions and learning
- Provoking and challenging across sectors, bringing partners together to collaborate in new ways and think differently about solutions
- Embracing and provoking conversations about death, dying and bereavement across all sectors of our society - schools, workplaces and homes as well as between families, friends, neighbours and colleagues