Hospice UK is the national charity working for those experiencing dying, death and bereavement. We work for the benefit of people affected by death and dying, collaborating with our hospice members and other partners who work in end of life care.
What we do
Hospice UK plays an important national role in:
- Supporting the breadth, dynamism and flexibility of the more than 200 hospices across the UK who care for over 200,000 adults and children every year
- Equipping those professionals with the knowledge, skills and expertise needed to deliver care in any setting, support their local communities and to work in partnership with others
- Improving the quality of all palliative and end of life care by sharing good practice, innovative solutions and learning
- Provoking and challenging across sectors, bringing partners together to collaborate in new ways and think differently about solutions
- Embracing and provoking conversations about death, dying and bereavement across all sectors of our society - schools, workplaces and homes as well as between families, friends, neighbours and colleagues
Our vision is hospice care for every person in need. We believe that everyone, no matter who they are, where they are or why they are ill, should receive the best possible care at the end of their life. No one should die in avoidable pain or suffering.
Our mission is to transform the way society cares for the dying and those around them. To empower individuals, communities and populations to embrace the ethos of hospice care and extend its breadth and reach to improve everyone’s experience of death, dying and bereavement.