Our impact 2015-2016
Our aim is to make sure that every child and adult with a life-limiting or terminal condition gets the very best care, no matter who they are, where they are or why they are ill, and we believe hospices are critical to achieving this.
The final report from The Commission into the Future of Hospice Care identified five steps to get care right for the future and to create an environment within which hospice care will flourish. In 2015-2016 we have led, supported and empowered hospices to take these steps, which include:
- Strengthening the leadership of hospice care.
- Strengthening the connection between hospices and their local health and social care systems and their local communities.
- Preparing for significant change in the context of palliative and end of life care.
- Strengthening understanding of the contribution of hospice care.
- Establishing hospice care as a solution to the future challenges in palliative and end of life care.
“I’m so proud of our work with members and partners to strengthen and support a dynamic, innovative and responsive hospice sector. Together we are continually pushing the boundaries to enable hospice care to help more people in more ways.”
Tracey Bleakley, Chief Executive, Hospice UK
See how we have strengthened the leadership of hospice care >>
Download the PDF of our full impact report, which also includes details of our grant programmes, and how we have worked with others and raised greater awareness of hospice care.