Hospice UK has received funding to offer another four hospices a discounted rate to join our Compassionate Employers programme.
What is Compassionate Employers?
Compassionate Employers is a workplace wellbeing programme delivered by Hospice UK, helping organisations look after their people and support employees through grief, dying and caring.
We help organisations like Aviva, Co-op Bank and Anchor to benchmark what they currently do for staff in this area (e.g. their policies, employee networks, line manager support, EAP provision etc), but then importantly, help them understand how to go on and deliver gold standard support to their colleagues.
Thanks to support from one of our funders, we are now able to offer our Hospice members the opportunity to join our Compassionate Employers programme too, at a discounted price.
What your hospice will receive:
As a Compassionate Employer, your hospice will receive:
- an assessment of your organisational HR policies and processes, which support your staff when personally affected by grief, dying and caring responsibilities.
- tailored recommendations to highlight your organisation’s strengths, priorities and areas where you can grow and develop your support for staff.
- a Bronze, Silver or Gold Award, which you can promote both internally and externally
- 24/7 access to our online members’ hub, where all your employees can find information, e-learning and support resources on managing bereavement, caring and terminal illness within your workforce.
- 2 x virtual or face-to-face training workshops tailored for your employees
- our team’s expertise to help you shape your policies, employee networks and other employee support offers
- opportunities to learn from and network with other Compassionate Employers.
Find out more about the Compassionate Employers programme.
Last year, St Michaels in Hastings became the first hospice to join our Compassionate Employers programme.
Any hospice can join Compassionate Employers at any time for £2,000 + VAT p.a. However, Hospice UK has received funding to offer four hospices a discounted rate of £1,000 + VAT p.a. in 2024.
Most of our Compassionate Employers renew their membership for a second and third year, so if you were to renew, the annual membership fee would revert to £2,000 + VAT p.a.
- Build an open, compassionate culture for your staff, not just your patients
- Use your Compassionate Employers award to attract talent and retain your valued staff
- Upskill and support your line managers to support their teams, and themselves
- Maximise and join up the different ways you support employees
- Benchmark your organisation using our award framework
- Lead your sector
- Learn from and network with other Compassionate Employers
We will aim to spread the four memberships throughout the UK, and prioritise hospices who are committed to supporting their staff wellbeing.
Our most effective and successful Compassionate Employers dedicate time to implement the recommendations we give them, and build them into their HR and wellbeing plans.
How to apply for a discounted membership
Please email a 250 word expression of interest to us by Friday 12 January 2024. This can be a simple email, but should cover:
- Why you want to become a Compassionate Employer, and how this will benefit your staff
- How you would work with us to implement the assessment recommendations, and promote membership and its benefits to your staff.
- Number of staff
- Region(s) your hospices services cover
What happens next
We will review and shortlist all expressions of interest, and contact the four successful hospices by the end of January.
We will then support these four hospices to join the programme, so you can launch to your staff in 2024, at a time that suits you.