We offer a fast, cheap online service for processing Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) checks to Hospice UK members.
How it works
Through this easy to use online system, DBS check applications can be submitted, processed and tracked efficiently and cost effectively. Applicant details are sent directly to the DBS database via the e-bulk system.
Provided by uCheck, the system uses the latest technology (DBS e-Bulk disclosure system).
Key benefits of using our online DBS service include:
- cheaper rate;
- quick and easy registration – you could be submitting your applications online today;
- simple online process which takes less than five minutes to request a disclosure;
- hassle free administration with few queries;
- fast turnaround – enhanced disclosures completed in as little as 24 hours;
- all Hospice UK members are eligible to sign up, regardless of the number of checks your organisation performs.
Initial licence fee and set-up:
- £24 (including VAT)
Charge per online application:
- Volunteers: £4.80 (including VAT)
- Paid staff: £44.80 (including VAT). This includes the DBS charge of £40 for an enhanced disclosure.
As a comparison, enhanced checks with other providers range from £52 to £58 per check.
Our online system allows two users from each hospice to request disclosures and have access to results. Should you require additional users, they will be charged at £6 (including VAT) each.
There are no other charges.
"We have been using ucheck for several years to carry out all our DBS checks and have always found the system very user friendly. The ucheck staff are always friendly and helpful if we need to ring with any queries and the results are usually returned quite quickly. We have always been satisfied with the service they provide."
Julie Hodgkinson, HR Administrator at Pendleside Hospice
"We have found the service fantastic! - user friendly and speedy."