St Christopher's Hospice
Sydenham,England - London
£21k - £30k
- Contract type
- Working hours
We are currently seeking an able and emotionally resilient administrator to join our busy Single Point of Contact team. The Single Point of Contact team triages and manages all incoming calls from patients and their carer’s. It also triages and completes full assessments on all patients referred to St Christopher’s for support in the community and for admission to the inpatient unit. The Single Point of Contact also accepts internal referrals for the Choose Home service which are triaged and prioritised according to need and availability.
The Choose Home service is a rapid response service that runs out of the Single Point of Contact and provides care and support for patients over the age of 18 and their families /carers in the last 2-3 weeks of life. The aim is to support people to be cared for at home, promoting the highest quality of life where this is their preferred place of care/death. This provision supports unnecessary and unwanted admissions to hospitals or the hospice and is staffed by Volunteers and Care Assistants.
- The primary purpose of the role will be to provide full administration support to the Clinical Team Lead (CTL) – who is the ‘Day Lead’ of the Single Point of Contact (SPOC) by supporting the process of inputting and updating the medical history for new referrals, adding diagnosis, correct diagnostic coding and other key information where required.
- In the absence of the Choose Home Co-Ordinator - To coordinate the Choose Home Health Care Assistants and Volunteers and provide support for the Choose Home service. This will involve planning the order of visits to a patient’s home and contacting and booking volunteer support. In addition, the role will be responsible for ensuring that the Volunteers and Care Assistants have made contact at the end of the day and ensure that their rotas are kept up to date.
- Attending the SPoC Palliative Care Team Multi-Disciplinary Meeting each week via Ms Teams to ensure that any administration tasks are added on to the electronic patient record..
- To contribute to the collecting of outcome data for the Single Point of Contact team .
- To run reports regarding missed contacts / data gaps / unfinished appointments
To succeed in this role:
- You will be skilled in performing administrative tasks and duties, which should include entering patient data into an electronic system with accuracy and speed.
- Have experience in working in a health care setting .
- You will excel at working as part of a team and on your own initiative.
- You should possess excellent customer service skills including a good telephone manner and excellent listening skills.
- It is also important that you understand the need to safeguard our vulnerable adults, and you are able prioritise large workloads successfully.
For an informal discussion about the role, please contact Anne Nash on 0208 768 4721
To apply for this position, please submit your expression of interest by clicking the ‘Apply Online’ button below.
Within your expression of interest, it is important that you include your qualifications, employment history, and explain how you meet the essential criteria within the person specification.
Closing Date: Monday 6th February 2023
Interview Date: Provisional Date – Tuesday 14th February 2023