This recipe for scrambled eggs, kindly donated by acting legend Simon Callow, is simply scrumptious!
- 3 eggs per person
- 2 tablespoons créme fraiche
- A handful of chives
- 20g butter per person, cut into cubes
- Pinch of salt and pepper
Crack the eggs into a glass and whisk with a fork.
Put 10g of butter into a frying pan. Heat pan under very fast heat.
Throw in eggs; stir vigorously so that the white doesn't set separately.
Cut in a good handful of chives, salt and pepper.
As soon as the egg begins to get firm, stir in the remaining 10g of butter. When the mixture begins to firm up, bung in the creme fraiche to loosen it up again.
Take off hob before fully firm as it will keep on cooking.
Ladle onto toast or toasted muffins.
For an extra treat, why not serve with salmon or slow fried tomatoes.
A Taste of Home dinner party couldn't be simpler
- Plan your menu. From savoury to sweet, share and indulge in your favourites.
- Invite as many people as you can cater for. Invitations can be found in our fundraising pack.
- Share! Let everyone know what you're doing on social media (use the hashtag #TasteofHome)
- Ask your guests to donate whatever they can afford for their meal, to help more families get hospice care.
- Send in the money you've raised - there are lots of ways to do this.
Note: the images used to illustrate the recipes above are stock photographs