Try this perfect winter warmer red pepper soup, great for Veganuary!
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 2 red peppers
- 2 orange peppers
- 1 tin chopped tomatoes
- 1 large red onion, finely chopped
- 1 carrot, cut into chunks
- 1 stick of celery, cut into slices
- 1 clove garlic, skinned and finely chopped
- 2 pints stock of your choice
- Bunch of basil
- Salt and pepper
- Preheat the oven to 200°C.
- Half and de-seed the peppers and place face down on a baking tray. Drizzle a little olive oil over the pepper and roast in the oven until they are slightly browned and soft.
- Once roasted, place the peppers in a plastic bag and seal it.
- Meanwhile, heat some oil in a large pan and then add the onion and cook for a few minutes. Add the carrot, celery and garlic to the onion and cook until soft but not brown. Remove the peppers from the bag and peel off the skin and remove seeds. Slice the peppers into large strips and add to the pan with the tomatoes.
- Add the stock and simmer for 20 minutes.
- Stir in the chopped basil and then whizz in the blender.
How to get involved
Sign up to take part and tell us about your event
Below is everything you need to make your Taste of Home Day event special: