Serve up a slice of this beloved bread and butter pudding, courtesy of this recipe from Shakira Caine!
- 50g/2oz butter
- 10 slices from a large loaf of white bread
- 275g/10 oz sultanas
- 2 bananas, sliced
- 6 eggs
- 175g/ 6 oz sugar
- 6 tablespoons of rum
- 1.15 litres/ 2 pints of milk
- Grease a large, not too deep, ovenproof dish.
- Butter the slices of bread and layer them with the sultanas and bananas.
- Beat the eggs, sugar, rum and milk together and pour over the bread, then chill for 1 hour so that the mixture becomes really moist.
- Bake in a moderate oven (180c, 350f, gas 4) for 45 to 60 minutes.
- Serve hot for a really sustaining pudding.
How to get involved
Sign up to take part and tell us about your event
Below is everything you need to make your Taste of Home Day event special: