This recipe for scrambled eggs, kindly donated by acting legend Simon Callow, is simply scrumptious!
- 3 eggs per person
- 2 tablespoons créme fraiche
- A handful of chives
- 20g butter per person, cut into cubes
- Pinch of salt and pepper
- Crack the eggs into a glass and whisk with a fork.
- Put 10g of butter into a frying pan. Heat pan under very fast heat.
- Throw in eggs; stir vigorously so that the white doesn't set separately.
- Cut in a good handful of chives, salt and pepper.
- As soon as the egg begins to get firm, stir in the remaining 10g of butter. When the mixture begins to firm up, bung in the creme fraiche to loosen it up again.
- Take off hob before fully firm as it will keep on cooking.
- Ladle onto toast or toasted muffins.
- For an extra treat, why not serve with salmon or slow fried tomatoes.
How to get involved
Sign up to take part and tell us about your event
Below is everything you need to make your Taste of Home Day event special: