Executive Clinical Leads in Hospice and Palliative Care (ECLiHP) is a forum for all executive and aspiring executive clinical leaders engaged in the strategic planning and operational delivery of contemporary hospice care – regardless of discipline.
This group was formally launched in October 2012 at its inaugural conference and has become increasingly established in terms of its membership and engagement with other national players on issues of relevance to its members.
Aims and objectives
ECLiHP aims to ensure that executive clinical leads have a voice, support and guidance that enables them to meet the challenges of their role. Its terms of reference are available to download.
The aims and objectives of ECLiHP are to:
- Provide a strategic clinical voice within the field of hospice and palliative care.
- Facilitate peer support/mentorship to executive clinical leads in hospices and palliative care.
- Advance clinical leadership in hospice and palliative care, and develop leaders for the present and future.
- Provide a strong and persuasive voice relating to clinical perspectives of service, planning and delivery, and to engage in constructive lobbying as necessary.
- Be a key reference point for executive clinical lead colleagues and Hospice UK.
- Establish a network for support, information exchange and learning.
- Establish a database resource for others to be able to signpost to topical issues and share expertise and views.
- Provide and/or facilitate and/or promote executive learning opportunities for clinical leaders.
Leadership and oversight
The work of ECLiHP is overseen by an executive committee consisting of leads from each region together with representation from children's hospices. Its administration is provided by Hospice UK with internal leadership by Marie Cooper, Practice Development Lead on the Clinical Team. We now have regional groups in 12 of the 14 regions; a list of the regional leads is available to download. If you are interested in setting up a group in the East Midlands or South Central regions please contact Marie Cooper.
The executives meet four times a year to feedback information from their regions.
Membership of ECLiHP
ECLiHP is a forum for all executive and aspiring executive clinical leaders engaged in the strategic planning and operational delivery of hospice and palliative care across the UK – regardless of discipline.
Benefits of being a member
- Having an executive committee to represent regional groups on regional issues and work with Hospice UK on national issues.
- It is also a conduit between the regions and Hospice UK.
- Access to specific events or discounted rates for ECLiHP members.
- An annual ECLiHP conference.
- ECliHP Community of Practice
How do I join the ECLiHP Community of Practice?
The ECLiHP Community of practice is open to all members of ECLiHP and includes access to monthly newsletters, Hospice IQ, and other useful resources. If you would like to be a part of the Community of Practice, register here.
As a benefit of joining ECLiHP, members will receive a monthly newsletter with upcoming events, announcements, articles of interest and other opportunities. To see a copy of our previous newsletters, please choose from the below links:
Hospice IQ is a platform to enable hospice members to share knowledge and request support from fellow hospice colleagues. There are a number of interactive forums including ‘Care and clinical’, which is open to all members and is therefore a good place to ask your colleagues any questions you may have.
To make it easy to follow forum threads and keep up to date on all forum posts, you can register to receive email alerts each time a new questions is asked. Read our short guide on using the forums for guidance on how to register.
Please take time to visit Hospice IQ and see if you can help your fellow members.
You can also share information, policies, procedures and job descriptions on the resource section of Hospice IQ.