Executive Clinical Leads in Hospice and Palliative Care (ECLiHP) is a forum for all executive and aspiring executive clinical leaders engaged in the strategic planning and operational delivery of contemporary hospice care – regardless of discipline.
This group was formally launched in October 2012 at its inaugural conference and is now becoming increasingly established in terms of its membership, a work plan and its engagement with other national players on issues of relevance to its members.
Aims and objectives
ECLiHP aims to ensure that executive clinical leads have a voice, support and guidance that enables them to meet the challenges of their role. Its terms of reference are available to download.
The aims and objectives of ECLiHP are to:
- Provide a strategic clinical voice within the field of hospice and palliative care.
- Facilitate peer support/mentorship to executive clinical leads in hospices and palliative care.
- Advance clinical leadership in hospice and palliative care, and develop leaders for the present and future.
- Provide a strong and persuasive voice relating to clinical perspectives of service, planning and delivery, and to engage in constructive lobbying as necessary.
- Be a key reference point for executive clinical lead colleagues and Hospice UK.
- Establish a network for support, information exchange and learning.
- Establish a database resource for others to be able to signpost to topical issues and share expertise and views.
- Provide and/or facilitate and/or promote executive learning opportunities for clinical leaders.
ECLIHP has an ambitious work plan – attending to issues such as leadership and personal development of members, workforce planning, quality assurance, service improvement, education and training of staff and volunteers. The executive are currently working on updating the workplan and this should be available for download shortly.
Leadership and oversight
The work of ECLiHP is overseen by an executive committee consisting of leads from each region together with representation from children's hospices. Its administration is provided by Hospice UK with internal leadership by Marie Cooper, Senior Nurse Advisor and Practice Development Lead on the Care Strategy and Support Team. We now have regional groups in 12 of the 14 regions; a list of the regional leads is available to download. If you are interested in setting up a group in the East Midlands or South Central regions please contact Marie Cooper.
The Executive meet four times a year to feedback information from their regions.
Membership of ECLiHP
ECLiHP is a forum for all executive and aspiring executive clinical leaders engaged in the strategic planning and operational delivery of hospice and palliative care across the UK – regardless of discipline.
Benefits of being a member
Some of the benefits of membership are:
- Having an executive committee to represent regional groups on regional issues and work with Hospice UK on national issues.
- It is also a conduit between the regions and Hospice UK.
- Access to specific events or discounted rates for ECLiHP members.
- An annual ECLiHP conference.
- Opportunities to become a member of an ECLiHP regional groups.
- Networking opportunities.
- Regular briefings.
Please contact us if you are interested in becoming a member of ECLiHP.
Questions and answers
Hospice UK has introduced Hospice IQ a new platform to enable hospice members to share knowledge and request support from fellow hospice colleagues. There are a number of interactive forums including ‘Care and clinical’, which is open to all members and is therefore a good place to ask your colleagues any questions you may have.
To make it easy to follow forum threads and keep up to date on all forum posts, you can register to receive email alerts each time a new questions is asked. Read our short guide on using the forums for guidance on how to register.
Please take time to visit Hospice IQ and see if you can help your fellow members.
You can also share information, policies, procedures and job descriptions on the resource section of Hospice IQ.