Retail plays a vital role for many hospices and is a key part of their fundraising operations, with over 2,500 hospice shops throughout the UK generating profits of over £55 million each year.
Hospice retail provides 10% of hospice voluntary income.
Our range of hospice retail support services help to ensure our member organisations are making the most of their retail operations and in doing so support the vital care they offer.
Our Hospice Accounts report has a section on shops, and is a useful tool for benchmarking performance against other hospices.
Retail Steering Group
Our Retail Steering Group contributes to and assists our work in supporting our members with their retail activity – providing a link to retail managers at grassroots level.
The remit of the Retail Steering Group is to:
- Support the development of the annual Hospice UK retail conference.
- Share knowledge and best practice through e-newsletters, toolkits, guides and case studies.
- Facilitate regional hospice retail groups.
- encourage development of opportunities through collaborative projects.
- Work collaboratively with the Charity Retail Association and other voluntary organisations focusing on charity retail.
- Raise the profile of retail within the hospice movement.
- Work with Hospice UK, where appropriate, to gain benefit of economies of scale.
- Support hospice retail training needs.
Steering group members
||Simon Henwood, Mary Stevens Hospice
||Sue Sumner, Lindsay Lodge Hospice
||Simon Dodd, Claire House Children's Hospice
||Susan Cooper, Highland's Hospice
||Trevor Johnson, Havens Hospices
||Helen Hutter - Hospicecare Exeter
If you are interested in getting involved in your regional retail group, please contact Elizabeth Palfreman
, our National Hospice Support Manager.