The Education Network formed to help hospices ‘optimise the potential and contribution of their people to deliver high-quality palliative and end of life care’.
The network was set up to:
- share the latest thinking in education, staff development and learning with a particular focus on early entry, existing workforce and later career pathways
- share innovative education and workforce models and how they have been implemented
- exchange and share useful resources, tools, ideas and solutions to common challenges
- provide peer support
- consider practical measures that can be taken forward now and for the future
We plan to:
- Have bi-monthly meetings via Zoom. Three of these will be to discuss current work and challenges, share ideas and solutions. The other three meetings will concentrate on key priorities which have been identified from previous meetings
- To provide notes, resources and video links to these meetings for members of the network only, allowing those who can't take part to benefit.
- encourage hospices to share, knowledge, expertise and resources
- provide useful links to other sites to assist with practice development
- offer a closed members forum (Hospice IQ) where Education Network members can discuss topics and share resources between meetings
- Offer one face-to-face meeting a year to enable members of the group to network
Network meeting are held every two months on the second Tuesday and run from at 10.30 – 12pm via zoom.
Download a copy of the 2021 meeting schedule together with registration ink.
Details about each meeting together with an agenda and the Zoom meeting ID number will be sent out to members approximately two weeks prior to each meeting.
If you would like to know more about the meetings please contact us.
Meeting summaries and presentations
The video link, if applicable, notes and resources from each meeting will be sent directly to members.
Presentations, notes and resources can be found on the Education Network meeting resources page.
Below is a list of websites that members may find useful.
You can also download a copy of the Useful links to workforce and education resources which was developed following a workforce event on 8 May 2019.
The HEE Star is a tool developed by HEE to bring structure and coherence to conversations about workforce challenges and to support workforce transformation.
This new network is growing fast with over fifty members so far. Contact us
if you would more information. Register for the network here