Community Palliative Rehabilitation Occupational Therapist
Greenwich & Bexley Community Hospice
Abbey Wood,England - London
£41k - £50k
- Contract type
- Working hours
Salary: (Band 7) £42,281.93 to £54,094.97 per annum
Job Type: 12 Month FTC
Join our Compassionate Team as a Band 7 Palliative Rehabilitation Occupational Therapist!
Are you a dedicated and skilled Occupational Therapist with a passion for palliative care? Are you ready to make a meaningful impact to the lives of individuals facing life-limiting illnesses? Look no further – an exciting opportunity awaits you at Greenwich and Bexley Community Hospice!
This unique role is part of a Home First initiative looking at the impact of specialist palliative care Occupational Therapy within the community setting, working alongside and in partnership with statutory and other voluntary sector organisations. Based at the hospice, the post holder will also work in an integrated way with adult social care to provide comprehensive and cohesive input for individuals and their families.
Greenwich and Bexley Community Hospice provides exceptional palliative care to our community in South East London. We pride ourselves on delivering compassionate and holistic support to individuals and their families during challenging times. As we continue to expand our services, we are seeking a dynamic Band 7 Palliative Care Occupational Therapist to join our collaborative team.
What You’ll Do:
As a Band 7 Palliative Rehabilitation Occupational Therapist, you will play a crucial role in enhancing the quality of life for our patients and their families/carers.
Your responsibilities will include:
- Conducting timely comprehensive assessments to identify individual needs and goals in patients’ homes.
- Developing and implementing tailored care plans to enhance patients’ independence and overall wellbeing.
- Collaborating with a multidisciplinary, inter-organisational team to ensure coordinated and holistic care.
- Providing support and education to patients, families, and caregivers.
Who We’re Looking For:
- Qualified Occupational Therapist.
- Experience in palliative care is highly desirable.
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills.
- Proactive, holistic clinician.
- Ability to work autonomously and as part of a team.
What We Offer:
- A rewarding and meaningful role in palliative care.
- A supportive and collaborative team environment.
- Professional development opportunities.
- Competitive salary comparable to Band 7 NHS pay scale.
If you are interested in applying, please do so by applying via our online system:
We are an equal opportunities employer and are committed to inclusion. We celebrate and embrace diversity and thus encourage applications from a variety of backgrounds, perspective, knowledge and skills
Please note that only short-listed candidates will be contacted.