Leaving a gift in your Will is one of the ways you can support Hospice UK, even if you are unable to donate at this time. Even a gift of 1% of your estate once you have provided for your loved ones will help us make sure hospice care is there for everyone who needs it.
What's on this page
Why legacies are so important
Although providing for your loved ones will be your priority when making a Will, many people will also leave a gift to a cause they hold dear.
Hospice UK was founded in 1984 by Anne, Duchess of Norfolk CBE as the national charity for hospice care. We champion and support the work of more than 200 hospices across the UK that provide care to more than 300,000 dying people and their families every year.
But it is still the case that one in four people who need end of life care are not getting the support they need. As our population gets older, that’s set to get worse – unless hospices can step in.
Hospice UK is committed to ensuring that everyone, no matter who they are, where they are, or why they’re ill can receive the best care at the end of their life. Any gift you leave to our work will help us achieve this and benefit generations to come.
What your gift could fund
No matter the size of your gift, it will have a vital impact on our work. Your legacy will enable us to continue to fight for hospice care in the UK – and to support and train hospice staff to reach as many people as possible with world class care.
Your gift could help us:
- Provide essential training to frontline hospice staff caring for people at the end of life
- Make sure those who are currently missing out can get hospice care by working with the government to ensure that hospice, palliative and end of life care stays high on their agenda
- Respond to a family in their time of need through our Information Service, helping them get the support, guidance and care they need
- Improve hospice care by giving hospice staff the resources and tools they need to better care for people
- Support carers in the community looking after people in their own homes at the end of their life
Request your free gift in Wills guide
Get a free guide to leaving a gift in your Will, including how your gift could help and what information to include in your Will.
Get in touch
If you have any further questions on leaving a gift in your Will to Hospice UK, please contact Amy Foster, Senior Supporter Engagement Executive, by email or on 0207 520 8266.
All information is treated as confidential and you are welcome to tell us as much or as little as you wish.