Ideas and Inspiration
Get some ideas and inspiration for your Two Twenty Challenge
By taking on this challenge, not only will you be raising vital funds for Hospice UK but it will also be a boost for your mental and physical well being! You don’t need to do the same form of exercise throughout the 20 days so why not mix and match. Here’s a few ideas to get you started;
- Walking – Increasing your amount of walking is easier than you think, you could aim to reach 10,000 steps a day by walking to the shops instead of driving.
- Running or Jogging - Running makes more demands on your body than walking, so if you're just starting out, you should build up the speed and duration of your runs gradually. If you’re a beginner, check out the NHS couch to 5K program.
- Online fitness classes – There’s hundreds of online fitness classes to choose from. We love The Body Coach for short but effective work outs.
- Cycling – Cycling is aerobic exercise that works your lower body and cardiovascular system. It’s also a great way to get outside and explore your local area. Cycling tips for beginners will help you get started!
- Team Sports - Join a team sport such as netball or football, or arrange your own tournament with your friends. Not only is it a great form of exercise but it’s a great way to meet people!
- Swimming - The 3rd most popular type of exercise in the UK, swimming is a great way to tone the whole body.
- Yoga - Yoga is not only great for improving strength and flexibility but it also reduces stress and anxiety.
- Get Creative - Dancing around the kitchen or mowing the lawn, anything that gets you moving counts towards this challenge!
What are you waiting for?
Register today to begin your Two Twenty challenge!
Hospice UK needs your help now more than ever and we are so grateful to all our supporters for continuing their fundraising throughout this challenging time. However, your safety will always be our priority so please ensure your fundraising adheres to the government guidelines on social distancing.