We are registered with the Fundraising Regulator, follow the Institute of Fundraising’s Code of Fundraising Practice and comply with the key principles embodied in the Code and in this Promise.
We are committed to high standards
- We do all we can to ensure that fundraisers, volunteers and fundraising contractors working with us to raise funds comply with the Code and with this promise
- We comply with the law including those that apply to data protection, health and safety and the environment.
We are honest and open
- We tell the truth and do not exaggerate
- We do what we say we are going to do
- We answer all reasonable questions about our fundraising activities and costs. Please contact us, visit our website or see our Annual Report if you require further details.
We are clear
- We are clear about who we are, what we do and how your gift is used
- Where we have a promotional agreement with a commercial company, we make clear how
much of the purchase price we receive
- We give a clear explanation of how you can make a gift and amend a regular commitment.
We are respectful
- We respect the rights, dignities and privacy of our supporters and beneficiaries
- We will not put undue pressure on you to make a gift and if you do not want to give or wish to cease giving, we will respect your decision
- If you tell us that you don’t want us to contact you in a particular way we will not do so.
We are fair and reasonable
- We take care not to use any images or words that cause unjustifiable distress or offence
- We take care not to cause unreasonable nuisance or disruption
We are accountable
- If you are unhappy with anything we've done whilst fundraising, you can contact us to make a complaint
- We have a complaints procedure, a copy of which is available free on request.
Our complaints policy
Hospice UK is committed to delivering a high standard of service to anyone who engages with our work.
We are keen to hear from anyone who believes we have fallen short of the high standards we set ourselves. You can provide feedback by telephone on 020 7520 8200, email email@example.com or alternatively, you can write to the following address:
Hospice UK, Hospice House, 34 – 44 Britannia Street, London WC1X 9JG
We will acknowledge and provide an initial response to your feedback within 10 working days of receiving it. Whilst we expect to be able to resolve most complaints within that timeframe, if we need to conduct a more in-depth investigation, we will aim to provide you with a full response within 20 working days.
If we are unable to meet that deadline due to exceptional circumstances, we will of course let you know.