Why work for us
Hospice UK is an inspiring and rewarding place to work. You will have exposure to a range of high impact, national work and projects across the organisation.
From your first day at Hospice UK, we strive to support you in your role, and know the importance of proper investment in our team.
Pay and benefits
- 25 days annual leave entitlement rising by 2.5 days per year to 30 days after 2 years’ service, plus bank holidays
- Bonus 10 days leave at every five year work anniversary
- Simplyhealth medical cash plan
- Flexitime and flexible, family-friendly culture
- Support for staff with caring responsibilities
- Group personal pension scheme
- Interest free season ticket loans
- Childcare vouchers
- Cycle to Work Scheme
- Generous life assurance cover (3x annual salary)
- Opportunities to volunteer for, and/or attend events e.g. London marathon, RideLondon, Hospice UK National Conference
- Social opportunities such as the annual charity softball and football leagues
- Structured induction process where you will meet a range of colleagues, visit a hospice and have access to a range of internal and external training opportunities throughout the year
- A clear performance management process, personal development and monthly 121s
We invest in training and development and recognise the importance of supporting and enabling our people to reach their maximum potential. We mix centrally organised training alongside more individualised support as well as initiatives such as a three day hospice placement.
Our line managers are central to supporting individuals. The performance management system is structured to ensure there is plenty of scope for reflective conversation, innovation and development. We welcome the fact that 90% of staff are clear on their objectives and that their line managers are open to new ideas and suggestions.
'Hospice UK have given me many training opportunities even though I am on a one year fixed term contract. In my first couple of weeks I attended a two day values training day and an educational day at a hospice to learn more about the hospice movement. They were both very insightful.
"Hospice UK have since enabled me to attend an HR and an IT training course to develop my skills. This is alongside all sorts of internal training and mentoring from colleagues across the organisation, which have enabled me to broaden the range of my skills and explore possible future career directions.
"I think Hospice UK's supportive culture and effective 1-2-1 system made all of this possible and have a real impact.' - Sophie Barnes, HR and Courses and Conferences Officer