Our work is to ensure everyone affected by death, dying and bereavement gets the care and support they need, when they need it. Our ambitious strategy is the blueprint for how we can achieve this.
Working for Hospice UK you will have exposure to a range of high impact, national work and collaborative projects across the organisation and you can make a difference to people affected by death, dying and grief. For the third year running Hospice UK has been voted in the top 100 of Savanta BrandVue’s most loved charity brands 2023.
We actively promote equality, diversity and inclusion in everything we do. We work in collaboration, with compassion. We are innovative and we are committed to sharing our knowledge.
We'll be working with you every step of the way
From your first day at Hospice UK, and the start of your comprehensive induction programme we will support you in your role. We know the importance of proper investment in the health and wellbeing of our people and employee wellbeing is at the centre of what we do, working smarter to live better.
We have clearly defined our corporate values and hybrid working. Collaboration and learning from each other means we can be agile in the way we work. The mixture of working from home, roaming or from an office helps our people to flourish and reach their potential. We believe work is an outcome, not a place.
We aim to support personal growth by providing opportunities for formal and informal learning for everyone.
Pay and benefits
We offer competitive salaries and a great range of benefits including:
- Hybrid and flexible working
- A family-friendly culture
- Support for staff with caring responsibilities
- 25 days’ annual leave entitlement rising by 2.5 days per year to 30 days after 2 years’ service, plus bank holidays
- Simplyhealth medical cash plan
- Generous life assurance cover (3x annual salary)
- Learning and Development for all staff
- Opportunities to volunteer for, and/or attend major events
- Group personal pension scheme
- Interest free season ticket loans
- Bonus 10 days leave at every five year work anniversary
- Cycle to Work Scheme
- Social opportunities, including teams in the charity softball and football leagues
We recognise the importance of supporting and enabling our people to grow in their capabilities and reach their potential. We are investing in digital learning and strongly encourage peer sharing across teams.
Our line managers are central to supporting our people. They encourage questioning, feedback and contribution to decision-making. Continuous learning benefits individuals, teams and the wider organisation too.
The appraisal system (soon to be digitised) is structured to ensure there is plenty of scope for reflective conversation, innovation and development. We are proud that in our annual staff survey in 2022, 90% of staff are clear on their objectives, highly rate the skills of their team leaders, and say we have excellent communication between staff.