We'll be working with you every step of the way
From your first day at Hospice UK, we strive to support you in your role, and know the importance of proper investment in our team.
Pay and benefits
- 25 days annual leave entitlement rising by 2.5 days per year to 30 days after 2 years’ service, plus bank holidays
- Bonus 10 days leave at every five year work anniversary
- Simplyhealth medical cash plan
- Flexitime and flexible, family-friendly culture
- Support for staff with caring responsibilities
- Group personal pension scheme
- Interest free season ticket loans
- Childcare vouchers
- Cycle to Work Scheme
- Generous life assurance cover (3x annual salary)
- Opportunities to volunteer for, and/or attend events e.g. London marathon, RideLondon, Hospice UK National Conference
- Social opportunities such as the annual charity softball and football leagues
- Structured induction process where you will meet a range of colleagues, visit a hospice and have access to a range of internal and external training opportunities throughout the year
We invest in training and development and recognise the importance of supporting and enabling our people to reach their maximum potential. We mix centrally organised training alongside more individualised support as well as initiatives such as a three day hospice placement.
Our line managers are central to supporting individuals. The performance management system is structured to ensure there is plenty of scope for reflective conversation, innovation and development. We welcome the fact that 90% of staff are clear on their objectives and that their line managers are open to new ideas and suggestions.