Working at a national level to influence decision makers
We work with politicians and decision makers across the four nations of the UK to help shape and influence the policy agenda.
This includes providing Secretariat support to:
- The All-Party Parliamentary Group on Hospice & End of Life Care in Westminster.
- The Cross Party Group on Hospice and Palliative Care in the Welsh Parliament.
Promoting equality in end of life care
Access to hospice and other forms of expert palliative and end of life care is currently inequitable. Hospice UK is working to tackle this inequality and widen access to hospice and palliative care.
Everyone has the right to high quality care and support at the end of life. But many people are still not enabled to access the help they need in their final days and months.
Working with others
We work with other organisations to help improve the care and support for people affected by terminal illness. For example, through:
- The Health and Wellbeing Alliance
- Hospices Cymru
- The Scottish Hospice Leadership Group
- The Scottish Partnership for Palliative Care.