Innovation in Income Generation
The Innovation in Income Generation award recognises the importance of innovation in income generation. We are looking for applications that have demonstrated innovative practice in income generation and which have raised significant income to support the work of a hospice or palliative care organisation.
We'll be announcing winners on Tuesday, 27 November 2018 at the conference dinner.
Applications can come from a range of projects such as:
Enter Now! Complete the Innovation in Income Generation Award entry form.
- Social enterprise activity.
General criteria and guidance
- Unless otherwise stated, Innovation entries will consist of an introductory statement of 650 characters (including spaces) followed by a statement of no more than 3,500 characters (including spaces), as to why the entrant feels his or her organisation/project should win. The statement should be based on the information outlined below. Entrants may also submit supporting information such as relevant literature, media coverage, etc.Extra info should be e-mailed separately to firstname.lastname@example.org clearly identifying which entry it refers to.
- Each entry will be judged by a panel appointed by Hospice UK.
- Each category will have a winner, with no runners up.
- Members and Subscribers of Hospice UK are eligible to enter, with the exception of the Towergate Hospice Team of the Year Award, which is only open to member hospices. The Dying Matters Award is open to those who registered an event in England, Wales (via Byw Nawr) and Northern Ireland.
- No one employed by Hospice UK may enter the awards.
- Projects should have been initiated or be completed during the twelve month period up to the end of August 2018.
- By entering these awards, entrants agree to work with Hospice UK to develop a case study about their project which can be shared with other hospices.
- In certain circumstances, if the standard of entries is considered not high enough, the judges may elect not to make a particular award.
- The closing date for entries in all categories is 14 September 2018.
- The decision of the judges is final and no correspondence can be entered into.
Suggested information to include in your Innovation in Income Generation entry
How original was the innovation?
- Was it a new concept or a variation of an existing idea?
- Was it developed independently or in cooperation with others?
What was the impact of the innovation?
- How profitable was the project?
- How far has it created a new long term source of income?
- How far has it created increased public awareness of hospice and palliative care?
- Can this innovation be applied to other hospice and palliative care organisations?