Volunteer Gardener of the Year
The Volunteer Gardener of the Year award is given in recognition of the outstanding contribution made by an individual to a hospice or palliative care organisation's gardens.
We'll be announcing them winner on Tuesday, 27 November 2018 at the conference dinner.
The nomination form asks you to structure your nomination by stating clearly why the person is being nominated, giving the number of years service and the impact of their contribution.
Nominate Now! Complete the Volunteer Gardener of the Year Award entry form.
General criteria and guidance
- Nominations may include supporting information such as relevant literature, media coverage, etc. Extra information should be e-mailed to firstname.lastname@example.org clearly identifying which nomination it refers to.
- Each nomination will be judged by a panel appointed by Hospice UK.
- Each category will have a winner, with no runners up.
- Members and Subscribers of Hospice UK are eligible to nominate individuals.
- No one employed by Hospice UK may enter the awards.
- In certain circumstances, if the standard of nominations is considered not high enough, the judges may elect not to make a particular award.
- The closing date for entries in all categories is 14 September 2018.
- The decision of the judges is final and no correspondence can be entered into.