Volunteer of the Year
The Volunteer of the Year award is given in recognition of the dedication and commitment made by an individual to their local hospice or palliative care organisation.
We'll be announcing our winners on Thursday 23 November at 5.10pm - follow our Facebook page for a live video stream!
The form will ask you to structure your nomination by stating clearly why the person is being nominated, giving the number of years service and the impact of their commitment.
General criteria and guidance
- Nominate by completing the Volunteer of the Year nomination form.
- Nominations may also include supporting information such as relevant literature, media coverage, etc. Extra info should be e-mailed to firstname.lastname@example.org clearly identifying which nomination it refers to.
- Each nomination will be judged by a panel appointed by Hospice UK.
- Each category will have a winner, with no runners up.
- Full Members and Subscribers of Hospice UK are eligible to nominate individuals.
- No one employed by Hospice UK may enter the awards.
- In certain circumstances, if the standard of nominations is considered not high enough, the judges may elect not to make a particular award.
- The closing date for nominations in all categories is 27 September 2017.
- The decision of the judges is final and no correspondence can be entered into.