This recipe for a classic dessert by Hospice UK supporter, and broadcasting legend, Gloria Hunniford is simply a piece of pavlova perfection!
- 3 egg whites
- 174g caster sugar
- ½ tsp vanilla essence
- ½ tsp white wine vinegar
- 1 tsp cornflour
- 300ml double cream
- 350g fresh fruit (raspberries, strawberries, blueberries)
- Preheat the oven to 150°C / 300ºF / Gas Mark 2. Draw an 18cm circle on a sheet of non-stick and place the paper marked side down on a baking sheet.
- Whisk the egg whites in a large bowl until stiff. Whisk in half the sugar, and then fold in the remaining sugar with the vanilla essence, vinegar and cornflour.
- Spread the meringue over the circle and bake for about 1 hour, until crisp and dry.
- Transfer to a wire rack to cool, and then peel off the paper.
- Whip the cream until stiff. Place meringue on a flat serving plate.
A Taste of Home dinner party couldn't be simpler
- Plan your menu. From savoury to sweet, share and indulge in your favourites.
- Invite as many people as you can cater for. Invitations can be found in our fundraising pack.
- Share! Let everyone know what you're doing on social media (use the hashtag #TasteofHome)
- Ask your guests to donate whatever they can afford for their meal, to help more families get hospice care.
- Send in the money you've raised - there are lots of ways to do this.
Note: the images used to illustrate the recipes above are stock photographs