Gloria Hunniford's pavlova
This recipe for a classic dessert by Hospice UK supporter, and broadcasting legend, Gloria Hunniford is simply a piece of pavlova perfection!
- 3 egg whites
- 174g caster sugar
- ½ tsp vanilla essence
- ½ tsp white wine vinegar
- 1 tsp cornflour
- 300ml double cream
- 350g fresh fruit (raspberries, strawberries, blueberries)
- Preheat the oven to 150°C / 300ºF / Gas Mark 2. Draw an 18cm circle on a sheet of non-stick and place the paper marked side down on a baking sheet.
- Whisk the egg whites in a large bowl until stiff. Whisk in half the sugar, and then fold in the remaining sugar with the vanilla essence, vinegar and cornflour.
- Spread the meringue over the circle and bake for about 1 hour, until crisp and dry.
- Transfer to a wire rack to cool, and then peel off the paper.
- Whip the cream until stiff. Place meringue on a flat serving plate.
Taste of Home
Celebrate the ones you love and raise vital funds for hospice care by hosting a virtual Taste of Home dinner party. Hosting your party couldn't be any simpler:
- Sign up to take part and receive our special fundraising pack.
- Set up a JustGiving page so your friends and family can donate to help more families get hospice care.
- Get cooking your Taste of Home! Remember to decorate your dinner party with Taste of Home place cards, bunting and placards and share your experience to let everyone know you are fundraising for hospices across the UK.
Below is everything you need to make your Taste of Home Day event special:
It's as easy as pie to raise money through our Taste of Home campaign, using JustGiving. Create an event or make your donation in a matter of seconds, just follow the links, enter a few details, and you're done! And don't forget to tick the Gift Aid box if you're making a personal donation.
Note: the images used to illustrate the recipes above are stock photographs